For businesses that serve local customers in a particular geographic area, optimizing the website for local SEO is crucial to drive website visibility and traffic.
Local SEO services tailor on-page and off-page optimization specifically to improve local rankings, visibility, and engagement.
This guide will examine key local SEO strategies and how dedicated local SEO services can help local businesses improve their search engine visibility and connect with more nearby customers.
Let’s dive in!
Some images are from Freepik
Local SEO Services
Why Local SEO Matters for Driving Website Traffic
For many brick-and-mortar businesses and service area businesses, a majority of website visitors will be coming from local searches for products/services in their city or region.
Ranking higher locally means more of that critical local traffic will find and visit your website.
Some key statistics on the importance of local SEO:
- 76% of people who search on their smartphones for something nearby visit a related business within 24 hours – Google
- 50% of mobile searches have local intent – BrightLocal
- 72% of consumers who searched locally on their smartphone visited a store within 5 miles – Thinknear
Given how often local searches lead to purchases and visits, having an effective local SEO strategy is essential for visibility and traffic.
Google My Business Optimization for Local Rankings
Google My Business (GMB) profiles have become one of the most influential local SEO ranking factors. Optimizing every aspect of your GMB listing can drive higher local pack rankings and map placements.
Key optimization tips include:
- Completing your GMB profile 100% with accurate business information.
- Use your target keyword phrases naturally in the business description.
- Setting up Google Posts to share news, offers, and events to followers.
- Adding high-quality photos of your business exterior, interior, products/services, and staff.
- Encouraging customer reviews through email requests or on-site signage. Aim for 30+ reviews.
- Monitoring insights for trends in searches, calls, and direction requests.
- Verifying your listing on other directory listings like Yelp, Facebook, and Apple Maps.
- Reporting duplicate listings to consolidate authority to your verified GMB account.
Properly optimizing every element of your GMB presence can drive more local traffic to your website by improving visibility in a local pack and map rankings.
Image from Pexel
On-Page Optimization Elements for Local SEO
Beyond just GMB, there are important on-page SEO elements to optimize with a local focus:
Local-Targeted Title Tags & Meta Descriptions
Include your top local keywords and location in page titles and meta descriptions. This helps search engines understand your relevance for local searches.
Address Prominently Displayed
Your business address and contact information should be easy to find on your site to reinforce your local presence.
Incorporate your city, region, neighborhood, etc. naturally throughout your main content to optimize for location.
Local Alt Text & Image Names
When using images of your business, location, or staff, include local keywords in the image file names and alt text.
Schema Markup for Local Business
Add schema markup to your site to further identify it as a local business to search engines.
Keep your NAP (name, address, phone number) completely consistent across directories, citations, and sites. Inconsistencies can negatively impact local SEO authority.
On-page optimizations tailored for ranking locally are key. An effective local SEO strategy goes deeper than just GMB.
Link Building for Local SEO Authority
While on-page signals are important, acquiring locally relevant links remains one of the strongest local SEO signals.
Some great options for local link building include:
- Directory listings in geo-targeted directories like Yelp
- Local business partnerships for cross-linking
- Sponsorships of local events, sports teams, organizations
- Guest posts on local news sites and blogs
- Press releases submitted to local media outlets
- Profiles on parish, town, or city guides/portals
- Citations on aggregation sites listing local businesses
The more quality local links you can acquire, the stronger your local SEO authority will become. Prioritize opportunities with strong local relevance.
Encouraging User Engagement in the Local Area
Beyond links and content, user engagement signals can also boost local SEO. Getting customers in your area to interact with your business online can improve rankings.
Some options to drive local engagement include:
- Promoting your optimized GMB listing for reviews/photos
- Offering discounts or perks for check-ins on Facebook/Swarm
- Hashtag marketing on Twitter/Instagram to connect with local followers
- Sponsoring contests requiring user-generated content about your business
- Utilizing geotargeting for local Facebook/Instagram ads
- Partnering with local influencers to create content about your business
The more your website and online presence can connect with and engage people in your geography, the stronger your local SEO authority will become.
Tracking Local SEO Performance & Results
To determine the impact of your local SEO efforts, you need to track relevant performance metrics:
- Google Analytics – Monitor organic traffic from local keywords, improve conversions
- GMB Insights – Track actions taken on your GMB listing
- Rank Tracking Software – Check rankings for target keywords by location
- Google Search Console – Identify impressions/clicks from local searches
- Call Tracking – Connect phone calls to local SEO performance
Analyzing this data over time gives powerful insight into which local SEO tactics are working and where there is still room for improvement.
How Local SEO Services Can Help Your Business
While DIY local SEO efforts can have an impact, partnering with professional local SEO services brings comprehensive strategies built on proven best practices.
Dedicated agencies stay on top of the latest Google algorithm updates and geo-ranking factors.
Key benefits of working with local SEO experts include:
- Saving You Time – SEO takes consistent effort and optimization. Let the experts put in the work for you.
- Expanding Your Capabilities – Access specialist skills for technical SEO work and outreach/relationship building.
- Gaining Insights – Expert analysis provides insights into website issues hurting visibility.
- Improving Consistency – Avoid problems from intermittent or inconsistent SEO efforts.
- Mitigating Risk – Don’t risk getting penalized for violations of expanding SEO guidelines.
- Enhancing Credibility – A proven agency’s track record can get you better backlink opportunities.
If you want to tap into advanced local SEO knowledge with the reach and workforce for large-scale implementation, professional services are ideal.
Check these out!
- How to Create a Lead Magnet Template That Drives Email Subscribers
- The Pros and Cons of PPC Advertising: What You Should Consider In 2023
- 135+ Social Media Marketing Tips: The Complete List (2023 Update)
The implementation of Local SEO Services is a crucial strategy for enhancing your business website’s visibility and online presence within your local community.
By leveraging the power of targeted optimization techniques and relevant keywords, Local SEO Services can help your website rank higher in local search results, ultimately driving more organic traffic and potential customers to your virtual doorstep.
Furthermore, it enables you to establish a stronger digital footprint in your local market, fostering trust and credibility among your target audience.
With the ever-increasing importance of online visibility, investing in Local SEO Services is a strategic move that can significantly boost your business’s growth and success.
So, don’t miss out on the opportunity to stand out in the digital landscape—explore the potential of Local SEO Services today.
Frequently Asked Questions About Local SEO Services
Here are answers to some common local SEO services questions:
Q: How much do local SEO services cost on average?
A: Costs vary based on factors like location, competitiveness, monthly hours required, etc. However, averages often range from $750-$2,000 per month.
Q: How long does it take to see results from local SEO?
A: Some ranking improvements can happen within a few months, but it often takes 6-12 months of consistent effort to realize the full potential.
Q: What is the difference between national and local SEO?
A: National SEO is broad and aims to rank well across the whole country. Local SEO uses geo-targeted tactics to rank for a specific geographic area.
Q: How can I track my local SEO results?
A: Key metrics to track include website traffic from target keywords, Google My Business insights, call and lead tracking, and local search rankings.
Q: What are some important local ranking factors?
A: Key factors include proximity, local keywords/content, positive local signals like reviews and citations, and strong optimization of your Google My Business listing.
Q: Should my business work with an SEO agency or freelancer?
A: For comprehensive local SEO at scale, an agency typically has more workforce and experience. Freelancers can potentially offer budget flexibility.